Thursday, November 11, 2010

What I'm doing this weekend.....

This weekend is all about girlchild#2 (or mini-me if you prefer).

Darling Daughter of mine had to have a futon 2 years ago. Would absolutely die if she didn't get one. So, the bunkbeds she and girlchild#1 shared for about a thousand years were history. After 2 years, what was once a comfortable futon has become, well, this:

I should make her clean up her room...

So, I believe I may have mentioned earlier that plans are in action to build her a platform bed. As finances are a bit nonexistent right now, we're doing it on the cheap. Luckily, D has several contacts who can scrounge me some pretty decent wood (they love me :))  

I'm not sure how I'm doing it, I think this may be a fly by the seat of my pants kind of project. Mini-me's only requirements are that it can be pushed up against the wall. (complaint #47 about futon) I'd like to do a trundle kind of thing so that when girlchild#1 is here, I can put her in there rather than sacking on the couch.  Not sure how that's going to work out though. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

On a related note, we have 2 huge entertainment stands. One is in Mini-Me's room, one in my junk-drawer. The one from Mini-Me's room is being taken apart and stashed in the attic until I can find a home for it, and the one from the junk-drawer is taking it's spot in Mini-Me's room.

So, hopefully it'll work out this way:
Friday - swap entertainment stands, take apart futon, scrub Mini-Me's floor (bulimic kitty lives under her futon), beef up her futon mattress with batting, stuffing, small animals, etc etc etc

Saturday - build monster platform bed from hell, get room back together, rearrange junk-drawer

Sunday - sleep, sleep, sleep

Stay tuned for updates!!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)