Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Addition...

D's Mom has saved me yet again. I get a phone call yesterday, she has found an 'older singer' at a thrift store for $15.00, in a sewing table nonetheless. She snags it for me, I grab it today, and this is what I get:
1951 Centennial Model 128

Ain't she a beauty!!!  I don't know why, but I LOVE older sewing machines. I don't think I'd know what to do with a sewing machine that was made in the last 20 years. (I'm going to find out at tax time, maybe, I think, still flip flopping on that one).

She runs, I haven't tried her out yet, but D's Mom ran her at the store before she bought her and said the motor sounded fine. I'm waiting till I get Mini-Me home from school before I try her out.

Look at the bobbin!!!!!
I've never seen a bobbin like that!

D's Mom, wonder that she is, snagged all these feet too!  I've been looking them up on the interwebz to figure out what they are! (April 1930's - A Sewing Shoppe is a huge help!)



I can't wait to try her out. The sewing table is not as nice as the one I already have, I'll have to see if I can swap them out. Not sure if I want to do that. It is obviously not the original table, so it has been moved before. Ah, I'll let you know!

FWIW..... I've already named her, she is.....
                                 Godzilla!!!!   She looks like a Godzilla!

Till then......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)