Thursday, December 2, 2010

Frustration... The Winter Edition

Good morning Boys & Girls, or something like that.

I've been rolling around in plastic, double-sided tape and weatherstripping goo. On the positive side, it's just a tidge warmer in my place. I've still got a  few windows to do, but I have run out of plastic and motivation.

I managed to clean and rearrange my living room while I had the furniture pulled out. It's not fantastic, but it's livable. My kitchen is clean (until I make dinner, that is) and the middle room is getting there. Today's my day to get the place more than the usual I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone came in clean. Tomorrow the holiday decorations come down and then it's chaos until I figure out where everything should go.

It is impossible to put my tree in this living room, so it always ends up in the corner of the middle room, just on the other side of the living room. I'm going to be honest with you, I have not decorated for Yule for the last two years, I have just been in such a funk about it. This year is going to be different. I will be festive, and jolly, and get into the holiday spirit.

I'm not sure what's with me today, I'm very sleeping-bear-who-has-just-been-poked-repeatedly-with-a-pointy-stick. Although, I'm getting stuff done, so I shouldn't complain.

I'll be pretty busy the next couple of days, but I'm sure I'll be back with holiday-decorating fiasco stories, and maybe pictures if you're lucky!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)