Friday, October 29, 2010

Lotus Stencil

I can never find any stencils I really like, and since I can barely draw realistic stick figures, I had to do something about it. I started out easy, not alot of detail, I am (insert impending doom music) working with sharp poky things here. I found a lotus here. (I love this website. I've found at least 42 tattoos that I must get), cut it out of my blank stencil and wound up with this:
I tried it out on some scrap wood, and then did this:
I've had the candy box propped up on a small shelf I have in my room:
Closeup:
Can you tell I'm a pyro? The "wineglass" tea-light holders are from the Dollar Tree(!!!)



I want to paint my bedroom furniture black and stencil this lotus on with a dark blue so it's rather muted. I kinda stole that idea from another blog (Pushing Furniture, the blog responsible for sending me on this home improvement fugue state LOL) I'm going to stagger/alternate that lotus and this stencil:
snagged from google image search.
Since I've stashed the headboard in the attic (which D has not noticed, we're going on day 3, any bets on how long it takes for him to notice?) that leaves 3 dressers, 2 nightstands, 1 shelf and the hand-me-down prefab trunk/box/thingie. That project is a few weekends away.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)