Sunday, December 5, 2010

Word of the Day #15

Happy Sunday interwebz!!
              Today's word (wait for it......)
                            Chaos!!
                 (wewt! revel! rejoice!)

The best laid plans.....  I'm sure you know how it goes, or you would if you had my attention span.

Once again what started out as one project has somehow snowballed into 5. The tiny dresser from the closet is going to work wonderfully for the tv and such, however I'm waiting (still waiting....) for the drill that is actually capable of drilling to make its way here from the garage (D is supposed to bring it home, we'll see).  

The big dresser will not work in the bedroom, no way, no how. As I hang most of my clothes anyway, I've given up my dresser for D and decided to redo my closet. I figure a shelf, some of those fabric storage bin/basket things will work perfectly (as of right now I'm using the everything shoved into laundry basket system, this project has been shoved down to number 5). I had considered putting the big dresser in the middle room, for fabric (and now yarn, we'll get to that) storage. I don't like it there, it doesn't work. I'm taking that bad boy back up to the attic.

Of course, this means the middle room is torn up, again. Reorganization is one of today's themes.

As I was in the attic, bringing the monster down to begin with, I came across the 4 cubic tons of yarn that I have and thought....  oooooo afghans! I should make a couple, there's one I started! So rather than bring the decorations down as I planned, I instead brought the yarn down. I knit, kinda. Ok, it is real knitting, but I use needles approximately the size of wooden stakes (if I'm ever attacked by a vampire while knitting, I'm good). I use 4 strands of yarn at a time and make cheater afghans. There very warm and I like the look of them, and it only takes 2 or 3 days to knock out an afghan. (The purple one is halfway done!) I'm hoping to get atleast 5 done by Yule.

Of course, there is still the matter of bringing out the decorations. After I take the monster dresser back upstairs, after I reorganize the middle room, after I get the purple afghan done, but before I do my closet.

I think I better get started.....

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)