Friday, December 10, 2010

Poor Sad Chicken....

Sometimes I hate the internet....

I've been on a knitting binge, trying to get Yule presents done, and I was taking a look at a few patterns for ideas and I ran across Amigurumi. Yes, I am now obsessed.

According to Wikipedia:

Amigurumi (編みぐるみ?, lit. knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll. Amigurumi are typically animals, but can include artistic renderings or inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features.


So, first thing this morning, I attempted one. He took a few hours to do, I was surprised at how easy it way. However, I think its quite obviously a first attempt. One of my nieces loves chickens so I made this with her in mind, she is more than likely getting the second attempt though!

Mini-me has named him Cygnus and he's sad because he has no feet.   
All things considered, I have deemed him not too shabby. I have never crocheted before this morning. I could do a chain, sure, but I never actually crocheted before.

So, the next two weeks will consist of crocheting cuties in the am, housework in the afternoon and knitting at night. I should have everything done by 2 days before the big one!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)