Monday, November 22, 2010

Word of the Day #12

da duh da duh da duh.....

Today's word is.....
                  Vacation!!
           (hails of derisive laughter!!)

Thanksgiving break starts today. The midgets have early dismissal and they are off school till Tuesday the 30th. (Here in scenic Pennsyltucky, the first day of deer season is a state-wide observed holiday). So, this vacation is more theirs than mine.

I have made plans to get very little done, the best laid plans are always thrown askew by my midgets. Don't get me wrong, I love having them home. They are fun, in a twisted need-valium sort of way. GirlChild#1will not arrive until TurkeyDay morning, and then they are all going off with their male-parent on Friday evening, and the weekend will be mine! (Oh the plans I have)

I did decide to paint the coffee table now. It's in the basement, with the first coat drying. After the 'evil-kitties-must-declare-first-scratch' incident with the two end-tables, this one is staying in the basement atleast two days before I bring it up here for the clawed masses. Seriously, Bast forbid I have a table without a claw mark. Argh. They're looking more like tiny little rugs every day.

I have re-nicknamed Camo Hostage Kitty, I think it's more fitting, and catchier.

I should go referee, I hear the midgets, they're getting twitchy. I miss the days when I could dose them with benadryl. (hee hee)

Till then...

1 comment:

  1. The first day of deer season is not a state wide holiday...which is crap!

    ReplyDelete

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)