Monday, February 28, 2011

The Gods Love Me!

My dryer died. I'm not even sure how old it is, as it was given to me, but after 5 1/2 years of faithful service the motor has finally given out. D & his Dad pulled it apart once, freed the bearings and she dried two more loads but alas, she has fizzled again. So today I bit the bullet and went out and bought a new dryer. Well, two actually....







I have decided I'm not going back to the machine, atleast not for awhile. I'm interested to see if I can stick with doing the laundry this way. Our first 'natural' load is D's work jeans, if we can make that work, this'll be cake!! 

Why do the Gods love me, you ask? I originally headed to Valu Home Center to buy my new dryers, go all through the store only to find out their laundry racks are not available at that store. Frick, frick frick! I'm so not in the mood to go traipsing around town, but on a whim I head to K-Mart, figuring I can run in and run out.

Joy of joys, on the way back from grabbing my new toys, smack dab in the middle of the walkway is a display of area rugs on sale!!!  $19.99 a piece! I found my new living room rugs!! I can't wait for D to get the hell out of my living room so I can put them in!!! They're dark blue/brown/tan stripey things, I think they'll look great!

While we're talking about the living room, I think I have finally amassed enough fleece to redo all the furniture. As bizarre as this sounds, I cleaned out the dollar stores clearance fleece blankets, it was the perfect shade of navy and only $2.40 a piece. Over 5 or 6 trips, buying 2 or 3 each time, I've got enough. I sewed the cushion covers for the love seat last night and they turned out better than I expected. I'm almost sure I have it figured out where the seams will go where they will not be noticed. Besides, for as much as I love throws and pillows and the such, they can be covered!

Well, I'm off to tear things apart, put them back together, all that fun stuff!!

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)