Saturday, March 12, 2011

Word of the Day #19

Today's word is.....
                 Breathe.....
         (whirl, twirl, fall down)

I've been stepping back a bit, trying to find my groove so to speak. I get into these states where I rush around and rush around and for as hard as I try, I accomplish nothing. I know what I want to do, I just can't focus on one thing long enough to get it done. I'm getting buried in lists, ideas, half-finished projects, housework, drama and then, like a small child, I see something shiny and I'm distracted again....


I shouldn't say I have accomplished nothing, a few small things have managed to slip through the distractions. Hooks are up, most of the salad bars are out of business now that they are out of reach. Of course the hook hanging itself was quite comical. Not very often do I ask D for help but as I'm practically an oompa loompa height-wise I got him to operate the drill for me. And then I remembered why I very rarely ask for help.....
 
Atleast I know the hook will be secure....
I scored some cotton butchers twine at the dollar store and got three more plant hangers made today. Nothing fancy, I prefer the simple ones.
Have to love the chaos!!
My pothos in the living room, I have named her Niblet
There is also a much longer one that will be hung in the kitchen for my proposed herb planter. Let's see how long that one takes...

Also on the list of stuff I have actually accomplished....
  • recycled a few jar candle messes into smaller easier to burn votives (have to love that little coffee cup hot plate thingie-ma-jig)
  • Chopped my middle room curtains into valances, remaining material will become valances for the living room.
  • repotted 2 aloe plants I scored at the thrift store. (Woohoo succulents!)
  • held back the impending wave of filth my family insists on unleashing in the house
Of course, there is the list of half-finished jobbers...
  • denim rag rug made out of D's old work jeans. If they were good enough for his tush, they're good enough for boots and shoes down in the entranceway. (Almost halfway done, need to shred more jeans)
  • middle room shelf curtains (cut, need hemmed, hung and stenciled)
  • yoga mat bag (cut, needs sewn & stenciled)
And the never ending list of things I must/want/need to do

  • so not doing that to myself right now...
 So, for right now, I'm going to reevaluate my lists, remember to breathe and see what I can do.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was going to put something witty here, demanding your praise, ideas, input or much appreciated criticism here, but you know what to do. And if you make me cry, I'll have to flog you with soggy items. (unless its funny, I appreciate funny)